We provide a large number of different downloads for different platforms and purposes! The operating systems options should be self-evident.
Preview and Demo Releases
To see a list of the Milestone, Release Candidates or demo releases you can click here.
Types of Download
- Installers are double-click installers compiled and ready to be run by the end user.
- Zip Files are ready to just unzip and run the executable within.
- Source is best obtained through GitHub
You can directly view the complete contents of the download directory here.
Welcome to the uDig 2.0.0.RC1 release.
Download the package appropriate to your platform, unzip and run:
- SDK for use as a target platform
Windows and Linux packages includes a Java Runtime so you really can unzip and run without making any configuration changes to your Machine. On Mac OSX uDig is able to check for Java Advanced Imaging and install if needed.
To get started with uDig:
About uDig 2.0.0.RC1
This is a release candidate, prior to the creation of a stable 2.0.x series.
Internally the package structure has changed from net.refractions.udig to org.locationtech.udig allowing developers to upgrade their plugins in anticipation of the 2.0 release.
The 2.0 stable series is a stepping stone anticipating the migration to LocationTech and Eclipse Luna (4.4).
- Access to GeoTools 14.1 and ImageIO-Ext 1.1.12 libraries
- Project plugins, extension points and packages have been renamed to org.locationtech.udig