Welcome to the uDig 1.3.1 release.
Download the package appropriate to your platform, unzip and run:
Windows and Linux packages includes a Java Runtime so you really can unzip and run without making any configuration changes to your Machine. On Mac OSX uDig is able to check for Java Advanced Imaging and install if needed.
To get started with uDig:
About uDig 1.3.1
The 1.3.1 release is a minor patch release addressing issues with the spatial toolbox, zoom tool and copying
features between layers.
The 1.3 series features some great usability improvements with a new tool palette and easy to
access tool options.
For developers this release of the uDig platform provides access to the latest open source libraries.
Here are some new features you can look forward to:
- Area of Interest support - define your area of interest based on CRS, current screen or a bookmark
- Filter the Table view using the current area of interest - a great way to focus on what is on screen
- Updated Info and Profile tool for raster data
- Teradata support
- Spatial Toolbox view allowing access to OMS3 processing; with tutorial!
- New import and export formats: CSV and KML.
- Checkout What is new page for details
- New Tool Palette with easy to use Tool Options for quick access to preferences
- New "cheatsheet" help system offering guide assistance to new users
- Control Tool interaction with your layers with the ability to mark background layers
- Access to the latest GeoTools 8.0-M4 release
- Access to the latest JTS 1.12
- Access to the latest ImageIO-EXT 1.1.2
- The mac release is unable to support the full range of ImageIO-EXT formats. Please contact udig-devel if you are able to build GDAL on Mac OSX.