Welcome to the uDig 1.2.2 release.
This release is made in conjunction with GeoTools 8.0-M1
Download the package appropriate to your platform, unzip and run:
Windows and Linux packages includes a Java Runtime so you really can unzip and run without making any configuration changes to your Machine. On Mac OSX uDig is able to check for Java Advanced Imaging and install if needed.
To get started with uDig:
About uDig 1.2.2
The release adds a number of new features and updates the uDig platform to the latest open
Here is what you can look forward to:
- Updated Info and Profile tool for raster data
- Teradata support
- Spatial Toolbox view allowing access to OMS3 processing; with tutorial!
- New import and export formats: CSV and KML.
- Checkout What is new page for details
- We have migrated to a new git repository http://gitorious.org/udig
- Access to the latest GeoTools 8.0-M1
- Access to the latest ImageIO-EXT and finally a modern version of GDAL (on supported platforms)
- The mac release is unable to support the full range of ImageIO-EXT formats. Please contact udig-devel if you are able to build GDAL on Mac OSX.