Welcome to the uDig 1.3.2 release.
Download the package appropriate to your platform, unzip and run:
Windows and Linux packages includes a Java Runtime so you really can unzip and run without making
any configuration changes to your Machine. On Mac OSX uDig is able to check for Java Advanced Imaging
and install if needed.
To get started with uDig:
About uDig 1.3.2
The 1.3.2 release showcases active assistance when writing CQL expressions and filters.
This technology will be used to making editing styles a more rewarding and dynamic experience.
This release has been generated with maven using the tycho plugin. This technology will allow us
to issues on a more frequent basis. Thanks to Cliff Broadbent and Sam Guymer for the required
research and effort required to set this up.
The 1.3 series features some great usability improvements with a new tool palette and easy to
access tool options.
For developers this release of the uDig platform provides access to the latest open source libraries.
Here are some new features you can look forward to:
- Includes a revitalised User Guide a new clean look (available online)
- Import SLD 1.1 Styles
- Additional bundled Edit Tools - no longer require a separate download
- Active assistance when editing CQL Filters and Expressions
- Area - define your area of interest based on CRS, current screen or a bookmark. You can use the
area of interest to filter the Table view, this is a great way to focus on only the features displayed
- Filter Map Layers using a dynamic Constraint Query Language edit. There is also a checkbox
to filter a Map Layer using the current area of interest which can be used to answer simple feature
- Transform operation with dynamic expression editor for generating new values.
- Define an expression to generate a label for individual features, allowing the Information view
to report back features by name.
- Updated Info and Profile tool for raster data
- Teradata support
- Spatial Toolbox view allowing access to OMS3 processing; with tutorial!
- New import and export formats: CSV and KML.
- For details on these and other features check out the What is new!
- New Tool Palette with easy to use Tool Options for quick access to preferences
- New "cheatsheet" help system offering guide assistance to new users
- Control Tool interaction with your layers with the ability to mark background layers
- Access to the latest GeoTools 8.1 release
- Access to the latest JTS 1.12
- Access to the latest ImageIO-EXT 1.1.4
- The mac release is unable to support the full range of ImageIO-EXT formats. Please contact udig-devel if you are able to build GDAL on Mac OSX.
- The ImageIO-EXT / GDAL library requires native code for MrSID and ECW available on limited platforms (win32, linux32)