This uDig release features the advent of new Database connectivity.
Thanks to Justin for the jdbc "next generation" plugins; this release
allows uDig users to take part in testing.
Download the package appropriate to your platform and unzip
- Windows: udig.bat file
- Linux: udig.sh
- Mac: udig application.
On windows and linux uDig includes a Java Runtime so you really can unzip and run. On mac uDig is able to check for
Java Advanced Imaging and install if needed.
About uDig 1.2 Milestone 8
This is an incremental release introduction jdbc-ng database access:
This release features:
- jdbc-ng - please help testing PostGIS, Oracle, DB2 etc...
- A great bug fix allowing uDig users to finaly use vendor specific hints for controlling labeling!
- Mac release unable to support the full range of imageio-ext formats (MRSID, ECW, etc...)
- Linux64 release also failed to build imageio-ext and does not support above formats)
- Oracle Database wizard is untested
About uDig 1.2
The uDig 1.2 series highlights a lot really great ideas the developer community has been playing with. We have upgraded the version of the GeoTools library we use - bringing give years of new developments in standard support, and a host of new raster and vector formats. An exciting addition is the use of the ImageIO-ext project allowing the use of raster formats supported by GDAL.
New and experimental capabilities of uDig 1.2 include:
This tech-preview is made available for your testing pleasure; please contribute bug reports and feedback! This milestone is a suitable baseline for your own development efforts.
- ImageIO-EXT rendering enabling additional raster formats and working with images larger then memory
Tiled rendering (as an option in preferences) with a new flicker free panning tool.
Support for GeoWebCache and TileServer via WMS-C
WFS 1.1.0 support
Greatly improved ArcSDE support; multithreaded and faster.