This release is the result of an amazing week long code sprint held at Hydrologis in Italy supplimented by developers all over the world. A special thanks to the participating organizations: Axios, Camptocamp>, Fraunhofer IAIS>, HydroloGIS and LISAsoft.
Download the package appropriate to your platform and unzip
- Windows: udig.bat file
- Linux: udig.sh
- Mac: udig application.
uDig includes a Java Runtime so you really can unzip and run.
About uDig 1.2 Milestone 6
This release features:
Here are some example of some of the enchancements:
- Better support for TIFF and depending on your platform ECW and MrSID with an update to the imageio-ext library
- Enhanced vector editing, revamped printing support
- Upgrade to the latest Eclipse 3.5 (finally we can offer cocoa support on mac!)
All in all 41 issues have been addressed for this release - for more information check the release notes from our issue tracker.
This release contains a custom JRE including Java Advanced Imaging and support for additional spatial formats. We are missing two - MRSID for linux64 and ECW for Mac and are accepting volunteers on the udig-devel list.
- Import multiple layers into catalog at once
- Deleting multiple maps only asks for a single confirmation and delete
- standard paper sizes are now supported when printing!
- Add rectangles, roundrectangles and ellipse when printing
- Drag and Drop improvements: drag and drop mixed content in the catalog and map, move several maps at once, multiple services on project at once, handle multiple layers in the layer view
- Improved workflow: An Open Map action, switch between common map scales
About uDig 1.2
The uDig 1.2 series highlights a lot really great ideas the developer community has been playing with. We have upgraded the version of the GeoTools library we use - bringing give years of new developments in standard support, and a host of new raster and vector formats. An exciting addition is the use of the ImageIO-ext project allowing the use of raster formats supported by GDAL.
New and experimental capabilities of uDig 1.2 include:
This tech-preview is made available for your testing pleasure; please contribute bug reports and feedback! This milestone is a suitable baseline for your own development efforts.
- ImageIO-EXT rendering enabling additional raster formats and working with images larger then memory
Tiled rendering (as an option in preferences) with a new flicker free panning tool.
Support for GeoWebCache and TileServer via WMS-C
WFS 1.1.0 support
Greatly improved ArcSDE support; multithreaded and faster.